Code of Conduct
DelcoRRC's Code of Conduct
The mission of the Delaware County Road Runners Club (“DELCORRC”) is:
- To promote regular running as a life-long activity that will enhance the physical, mental and emotional well being of people of all ages.
- To sponsor weekly fun-runs in Delaware County neighborhoods for fun and fellowship.
- To promote communication and camaraderie among area runners.
- To facilitate competitive racing and team competition for all interested.
The Code of Conduct is created for the safety and benefit of DELCORRC, its members and visitors. It is not meant to dictate all interpersonal relationships and interactions between members or between members and the community. Instead, the purpose of this policy is to set forth the basic principles of decency we expect members to follow so that members can achieve their running goals in a safe and fun environment.
As a DELCORRC member, you agree to:
- Always show respect to your fellow club members.
- Always show respect and appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to help DELCORRC and/or DELCORRC activities.
- Refrain from verbal (yelling, cursing, taunting, threatening) or physical violence upon anyone at a DELCORRC race, club event, or while representing DELCORRC at any other activities.
- Refrain from using negative or derogatory language in competitive or social environments or when corresponding via written or social media.
- Refrain from making racial, ethnic, religious, age, sexual-orientation or gender-related slurs or derogatory comments at DELCORRC activities.
- Refrain from making unwanted sexual or physical contact with other members, volunteers or members of the community at DELCORRC events. Members shall not act in a manner that can be deemed as sexual harassment, which includes unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome requests for sexual favors and any other unwelcome verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature;
- Refrain from acting in a manner that disrupts or impedes DELCORRC activities.
- Follow all traffic/pedestrian laws and club rules when participating in DELCORRC running activities.
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may lead to a member’s expulsion from DELCORRC.
Violations of the Code of Conduct are to be made in writing and presented to the DELCORRC Chairperson, who shall investigate the circumstances of the allegations and report the findings to the Board of Directors. All reported, possible violations of the Code of Conduct Policy shall be reported to board members at the earliest time possible. A reported, possible Code of Conduct violation involving the
Chairperson shall be reported to the Vice Chairperson.
The Board of Directors shall review the findings of the Chairperson at its next scheduled meeting to determine whether further action is necessary. The Board, in its discretion, may fashion a remedy depending on the severity of the Code of Conduct violation. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, a verbal warning, a written warning, referral of the matter to proper law enforcement, or the cancellation of DELCORRC membership. The Board shall allow the accused member an opportunity to be heard, either in writing or in person, prior to any cancellation of any DELCORRC membership. The Board of Directors reserves the right to refuse membership for previous actions.